I'm 24 going on 25 and I have an absolute hatred of myself. My mother had/has MPD, (Multi-Personality Disorder), and I do love the "real" her. However, it's hard to get into but, one day I would have the greatest mom ever and the next day I would be the stupidest, lower than nothing, worthless child that ruined her life.
I was bullied heavily in school and then I would go home and be mentally tortured. I had no escape from it ever. I now have no, and never had, self worth. I dont think it's possible for me to have any self worth. I don't blame her because I know about MPD but the question is, I've tried everything possible to get some self worth. I mean at least caring what happens to me because, truth be told, I don't think I call myself innocent in any of this because I'm not.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.