My husband has left me for another woman. How do I let go?
My husband left me & our infant over 6 months ago. It seems he's gone back to his ex wife although he denies that as being the reason he left.
I was SO committed to this man & our relationship (a 2nd marriage for both of us). believed him each time he told me he was "here forever" & how there was nothing better. Imagine my devastation over it coming to an end.
It's 6 months and I am not well. I have done everything I could to try to get my husband to rejoin me in counseling, attend a marriage retreat (he took his ex wife on a family vacation that week instead), listen to me profess how much value I held & how there was nothing I wouldn't do to save us. He's filed for divorce. Said he had no other choice. Claims to have gone through his own emotional disbelief & heartache since he too never thought he'd ever be gone.
I am still hanging on, still hoping, still praying, despite how much more ill I become each day. No one has a crystal ball or can foretell the future. And I know my husband is adamant right now with what he wants (since he's at the ex's day & night, day after day). But what do I do to get over the incredible hurt, the pain, the disbelief? The lies I now feel I was led all those years?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.