Mental Health First Aid Training
West Texas Centers provides training opportunities to help community members gain knowledge and understanding about mental illness, while learning how to prevent, intervene and respond appropriately when a person is experiencing a mental health crisis.
Mental Health First Aid teaches you:
• Signs of addictions and mental illnesses
• 5 – step action plan to assess a situation and help
• Impact of mental and substance use disorders
• Local resources and where to turn for help.
Reasons to Become a Mental Health First Aider
• Be prepared - When a mental health crisis happens, know what to do
• You can help - People with mental illnesses often suffer alone
• Mental illnesses are common - 1 in 5 adults in any given year
• You care - Be there for a friend, family member, or colleague
If you or your organizations are interested in Adult Mental Health First Aid or Youth Mental Health First Aid training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call 432-264-4240
We have the following courses for Youth Mental Health First Aid open for enrollment at 3205 S. Highway 87, Room 100, Big Spring, TX or your individual location.
Virtual Youth MHFA 5-17-21
Virtual Adult MHFA 5-20-21
Virtual Adutl MHFA 5-25-21
Youth Mental Health First Aid - In person 3205 S. Hwy 87, Big Spring 5-27-21
West Texas Centers
319 Runnels St.
Big Spring, TX 79720
Fax- 432- 264-5131